configuration of E-mail account in outlook.
When you purchase your hosting account under your domain, you acquire resources to send and receive mails under that domain.
You can have as many emails accounts as you want, so long as they are under that domain. Say your domain is example.com, your E-mail will be [email protected], [email protected], etc. this can be an advantageous thing especially within organizations.
In this section we will look at how to set up your E-mail account in specific software(s) and be able to access them easily at any time.
Setting up Email Accounts.
To set up your email account, first you will need to download a software which will be your platform to access the mails. The software can be Microsoft outlook, Thunderbird, airmail, postbox and many others.
We will be looking at how to configure mail in Microsoft outlook, but since outlook has several versions we will look at outlook 2013.
Steps to follow to check outlook version;
- Click on the file menu at top-left side
- Click at the office account on your left side menu.
- Click at the ‘about outlook’ section, labelled with a question mark.
- See the version at the top of the pop-up window, mine is 2013, see the highlight.
If yours is 2013 continue with the tutorial otherwise check tutorial for other versions and software’s down below.
Configuring new mail account
Follow this simple steps when configuring new mail account.
- Click the file menu like in step 1 above, then click on the Account settings
- Press on the Account settings that will dropdown.
- A window will pop-up with heading ‘Email Accounts’, click on new to set up your mail.
- Click on the manual configuration and then click next.
- Fill in the details in the inputs, you should have the name of your hosting server with you
- Check the outgoing server (SMTP) authentication.
- Go to Advanced tab then set the following;
- Incoming server (IMAP) to port 143, the encryption connection should be none.
- Outgoing server to port 26 for default and to port 587 for SSL/TLS and check the encryption connection to auto.
- Then click Ok and then click the ‘next ‘ button after the current window pops out.
- A window will pop up to check whether the entered details are correct to make a connection with your server. Make sure you enter the password correctly.
After the set-up you should be good to go. If issues arises, try playing around with the ports provided below. If there is no success try contacting your hosting provider.