What to Expect From Kenyan Digital Marketers in 2018
Last year (December,2017) we asked Kenyan digital marketers on Twitter, Linkedin, and Facebook the digital marketing mistakes they would like to avoid in 2018. We received a number of replies some of them captured in this infographic.
From relying on vanity trends to ignoring content marketing, 19 Kenyan digital marketers denounced their mistakes and gave some insight on how they would work smarter in 2018. From the replies we tried to group and categorize them so as to draw more insight. The categories include;
- Content marketing
- Video Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Influencer Marketing’
- Using data
As for the insights, we discovered that;
- 58% of the respondents said they would use data in curating content, optimizing and tracking campaigns, measuring campaign ROI, targeting audience and innovation.
- 16% of Kenyan digital marketers would do content marketing. And they won’t be creating just any other content, but content that gives value to the reader and positions their brand as a thought leader.
- 11% said they would leverage influencer marketing and it won’t be like anything we’ve seen in the last five years, at least that’s what Rama Oluoch’s twitter post implied.
- 10% said they would use email marketing, however, they could also use some lessons on Mailchimp.
- 5% said they would focus on video marketing.
Kenyan Digital Marketers Share Their Plans for 2018
And while some may argue that 19 respondents out of the hundreds of digital marketers in Kenya is too small a number to make any accurate predictions for digital marketing 2018, I think it’s better than nothing, what do you think?
I couldn’t agree more. Well summarised