Most people have the general knowledge of advertising their businesses on social media. However, most of them end up creating personal accounts instead of pages. Personal accounts are mostly limited to a certain number of people thus limiting new clients. For example, Facebook limits personal accounts to 5000 friends. With a page, you get the advantage of having an endless number of followers. This article focuses on the simple steps to follow when creating social media pages for your business website.
How To Create A Facebook Page for Your Business
- On your browser, type or just copy and paste this URL:https://www.facebook.com/pages/create.php
- . From the six options available, choose “Brand or product” for your business website. Choose the category to be a website and then type the website address. Agree to Facebook page terms by pressing, “Get started.”
- After the page loads, add the page profile picture, cover photo, short description, username, and a button for signing up or for shopping.
- In the “About” section, add a short description of your business. Include a link to the website too.
- In the settings tab, select Page Info to add additional details of your site. On notifications section, customize when and how to receive page alerts. On page roles, set the administrators of your page if anyone other than you.
- It is time to publish content to your new page. You can post plain text status, photos with captions, links, videos, etc. To pin a major status on the page top, click on “Pin to Top” on the gray arrow on top of the page. This pins an important post like an advertisement, new product, etc. for seven days.
- You have to keep on engaging your audience regularly in improving your business’ existence awareness. To monitor the progress, click on “Insight” Tab on the top to get a whole idea of page likes, comments, shares, etc. Voila! You now have a Facebook page for your business website!
How To Create a LinkedIn Company Page
- Go to https://business.linkedin.com/marketing-solutions/company-pages and click on “Company Pages” tab then on “create a company page” button. Fill in your business details like official names and email address and click continue. Give a detailed description of your business and an overview.
- Upload your business logo and a banner image. Have a brand message on the banner image.
- Post updates regarding your business. Avoid advertising your business but rather make it like a discussion forum. Post helpful tips that would entice followers to share your ideas with others.
- It is advisable not to stuff your page with so much stuff but rather one tip at a day.
- On the page Analytics button, review the page’s performance like the topics with most followers to give you a hint on what to invest in.
- Promote your page by adding a link in your email signature and adding a LinkedIn’s button on your website.
- Click on LinkedIn Showcase pages to follow similar business offering similar products and services.
How To Create a Twitter Account for Business
- On your browser, type Twitter.com and click on signup button. Fill in the required information like Full name, Email address, password, etc. For a business website, type the full website address as the username. Click on “Create my account.” Close the window that pops up on Twitter recommended accounts to follow.
- Verify your Twitter Account by clicking on the link that will be sent to your email. Once you click on the sent link, you will be taken back to Twitter home page.
- Complete your Twitter profile by adding additional information such as the profile image, your website, a short description in the Bio part, etc.
- Click on Settings tab to customize how you follow other pages and how people and other pages follow you. Avoid ticking “Protect my Tweet feature” to reduce chances of other people not seeing your tweets.
Learn how to use Twitter by knowing some Twitter lingo such as these:
- Tweet: It is the Twitter status, a maximum of 160 characters.
- RT (Retweet): To share other pages’/someone’s post
- @reply: Use it to send a message to someone/page publicly. Use when you wish to send a public message to someone, use @username followed by the message.
- DM (Direct Message): Use to send a message to a person privately
- # Hashtag: Helps to improve the ability of your tweet to be discovered faster by putting a hashtag sign before your word.
- Twitter Handle: Your business Twitter handle is the username.
You might have to take a bit of time to familiarize yourself with various areas of the Twitter page, but once you get through, it is so simple. Engage your followers by tweeting, retweeting, etc. Follow people and other pages that in turn might follow you back thus help to build a larger fan base.
Handling social media for your business website might sound hectic to many, but this article will help you. Apart from Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitter, it is wise to market your business website by creating accounts on Instagram and other social media platforms to create an online presence, attract more customers, as well as retain the existing ones.