It has never been more important for businesses to own websites like it is today. A website can be quite an effective tool for marketing your business at a low cost. It gives you the power to:-
- Create a presence and have people know about your business. For example, brand value propositions and professionalism.
- Websites are a point of contact between other clients visiting your site and the website owner.
- Based on your history from your website, prospects and new clients can gain trust from learning more about you and enter a comfort level.
- Websites can also help create large networks for you online and give you an opportunity to create more buzz for yourself.
As much as having a website is crucial to your business, understand that designing one is not an overnight task. It takes a lot of time to understand a clients needs, apply creativity and actively create a website that caters to both the client and client’s clients.
Top 5 Challenges Faced by Website Developers
- Offering excellent integration so that the website can harmonize well with other applications like Twitter, MPESA etc.
- Promoting good and consistent user experience through the entire site for brand consistency and ease of navigation
- Sustaining fast speeds when visitors land on the homepage or switch between different web pages.
- Ensuring the website is secure from harmful malware and hackers.
- Ensuring that the website is responsive on different hardware platforms like tablets, smartphones and PCs.
To have all this in one basket and come up with a ready working website, demands effort, time and concise expertise. As a matter of fact, this kind of competence needs a lot of training and practice.
But despite the challenges, there is good news. You as a client, can help speed up the website development process. How?
3 Tips for The Fastest Website Development Process
- Have a clear picture of what you want.
Many people tend to rush to web designers and developers before prior planning. Setting a goal and working towards it help prevent wastage of time and resources. Investigate your target audience, what their needs are and how the website can successfully meet those needs. For example, a website for generating leads will be quite different from an e-commerce website.
- Understand the Steps Involved in website Development
Try to get a better understanding of the steps involved in developing and designing a website to save on time and improve efficiency. This way, you will always be ahead of the game and won’t have to rush around in a frenzy to beat the deadline.
- Get You Content Ready
It is MOST important to ensure that you have your content ready even before approaching the developers. Keep in mind that the developers are skilled at writing lines of codes and designing your website, however they haven’t a clue about content creation. To save on time, consider hiring a freelance content writer from Fiverr.com or Iwriter.com.
Just like any other business investment, your website is an investment that must give back returns. Consider using these tips to ensure fast project completion and even faster ROI.
Need help developing your website fast? Talk to us 🙂