Have you ever checked out the Two Rivers Mall website? If you haven’t make sure you check it out. With over 261 web pages, Tworivers.co.ke is officially a large website. But then again, what is a large website? What makes i different from other types of websites?
What is a large website?
As the term suggests, a large website will have more pages than a simple website (25-75 pages). In terms of traffic, a large website will handle at least 20,000 website visitors everyday and is hosted on a dedicated server. Compared to a simple website, a large website will have more functionalities e.g website search, calendar, intranet etc.
What are some of the large websites Legibra has developed?
What Are The Must Have Features for A Large Website?
1. A Dynamic Homepage- Do you remember your first interview? I can bet you showed up looking your best because you know how the saying goes, ‘you don’t get a second chance to make a first impression. Similarly, your website homepage is the first impression your visitors get when they land on your large website. Having a dynamic home page as compared to a static homepage means that you can easily update the content regardless of whether you have coding skills or not. A large website will have the following features on the home page;
- Header- (Slideshow) This content should communicate, show off, build trust, highlight technicalities and showcase your best to attract maximum number of people. It gives the first and an everlasting impression.
- Calls-to-Action Button– This is to compel visitors to dig deeper into your website. E.g. learn more.
- Testimonials- This is a formal statement testifying to your visitors your character and qualifications from your clients. Testimonials build trust and lets people know they can feel confident in choosing you.
- Third party API integration – This improves business prospects. They may include: chat system, discussion forums, and news feed.
- Newsletter integration– A newsletter is a cost-effective medium for building relationships and maintaining regular contact with customers.
- Forms– make your website more user-friendly. Aim is to explain how to fill out the form and to ensure that the user provides necessary and properly formatted information needed to successfully complete an operation.
2. About us page– This is one of the most important pages and for a company this is one of the best pages to reach out to your clients and tell them who and what you are about. Ask yourself these questions when you are creating content for the about us page;
- Who you are and how long we have been in business.
- What you provide summarizing the products and services.
- Why you are the company to deal with.
- Provide mission and vision statement.
3. Team pages– Team page will showcase your amazing team members. This helps customers build a deeper connection with the business.
4. Services/product description page – This content provides insight on your various products or services. It requires a general short write up of each of your products.
5. Contact us page- Instead of leads and clients coming all the way to your office to ask a question or make a suggestion, they can easily use your contact page to communicate with you. This is also convenient page to place your social media links.
6. Blog page– This page is used to update visitors on company events, industry news and offers. It also works to pull traffic to your website and convert them into leads.
Recommended Features for a Large Website
Creative design- This is responsible for illustrating, photographing and laying out promotional and functional materials for your business.
Unique navigation– Website navigation is important to the success of your website visitor’s experience to your website. The website’s navigation system is like a road map to all the different areas and information contained within the website. The navigation bar might be include in the following pages:
Sectors –This page showcase your prospect industry or market you can work with.
Portfolio- The portfolio site showcase important and best project your company ever completed to demonstrate your potential and ability.
Events- This is where you upload your events to showcase to your clients.
Appointment booking system- Your customers can book appointments on your website.
User Profile- This is a collection of settings and information associated with a user. The user profile helps in associating characteristics with a user and helps in ascertaining the interactive behavior of the user along with preferences.
Your Client list– This is the easiest way to build credibility to your website visitors.
How long will it take to design and develop a large website ?
After selection of the desired website design, settlement of terms and provision of content; we take 4 to 6 weeks to finish a large website project.
They say with great power comes great responsibility. We understand that managing and updating a large website is no easy feat. That is why we offer our clients detailed training as well as three months of maintenance to ensure you can handle your large website effectively and get return on your investment.